Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Way I Feel - Book Review


Read this to ALysha last night. After reading "How to talk so kids will listen and listen so kids will talk", I decided to get this book because its suppose to helps kids describe their emotions and understand that feelings are a normal part of life.
It describes various feelings : happy, sad, frustrated, bored, angry, jealous, excited and many more. Its lovely coz Alysha can relate to it. She would say something like : "I feel proud too when I can dress myself" or "I get upset when you dont let me have a lollipop".
When I read the verse below :
I’m frustrated because I can’t do it.It’s hard and I want to cryI don’t know whether to give it upor to give it another try.” She would immediately say that she should give it another try like how she tried and tried and now she can put on her shoes by herself.
It ends with : “Feelings come and feelings go. I never know what they’ll be. Silly or angry, happy or sad—They’re all a part of me!”
Another great book !

4 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger shri said...

hey, Gitanjali loves it too. In fact ever since, we started reading this book, her favourite feeling is "frustrated". so for a week, whenever anyone asked her how she feels, she would say, "i'm feeling frustrated" then she would think a bit and say, "because i cannot reach the shelf and take the glitter" (LOL). thankfully, we've stopped being frustrated this week ... but i agree with you, its a wonderful book, because it helps children to express how they feel

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger mjey said...

Is it from Trisha N Shasha? Oh I envy you...I am still reading boring books to shaveena.

If you go again please get me one too.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger geeth said...

After reading your write up, the book really sounds fun. I must go get it.. Yeah, trisha N sasha's?

Champion has so many books, but le loves the onces I got from Trisha N Sasha! I must go there again :)

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Shamira said...

Its really a great book. But unfortunately Geeta, its not from Trisha & Sasha.

If you have read Sri's blog, she had mentioned that we get this catalogue from Scholastic Book Clubs through Alysha's and Gitanjali's school. They come out with book catalogues every 2-3 months. If your child's school isn't a member, and they would like to be, you can call this number: 1-300-88-7818 or you can give us the school's particulars and iwe can pass it to the headmistress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home