Friday, November 24, 2006

The tickets are here

I just got them and its finally sinking in that I will be leaving my kids behind for 3 days, 2 nights. I am off to Langkawi for work next Friday.

The freezer is stoked up with enough milk for Inarah.
I have purchased what I need to to bring back the milk that I will express in Lankawi.
I have been mentioning it again and again to Alysha so that she gets used to it and so I get used to the idea too.
I have asked for help from my brother and sister in law to take Alysha out so that she is not couped up at home when I am away. She will also possibly stay over at their place for a night.
Hubby is supposed to be free of appointments on the 3 days (most importantly in the monrong and nights).

What else?

Alysha's bithday is on Wednesday, the 29th and I have taken leave the day before (afternoon) and the day before (morning- have a meeting in the afternnon that I cant cancel).
I am also off on Thurday so that I can spend some time with them.

What else?

I have never left Inarah alone without me at night before. With ALysha I was away once only after she turned 2. Anyone who have left their 4 year old and 10 month old for a trip somewhere before, please let me have your suggestions. What can I do to make this easier for them and I think more so for me?. I am already in tears thinking about being away from them.

2 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger geeth said...

Keep a clothing of yours that you have used.. with your smell on the clothing, they feel that you are beside them, especially when they are sleeping. It can help :)

Apart from that, just keep them occupied.

As for Alysha, ask her what she wants from Langkawi, and tell her you will get it. So, she will be happy that you are away to get what she wants ;)

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Shamira said...

Thanks Geeta. I had heard about the clothing thing but never tried it. Will do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home