Friday, January 12, 2007

Its all part of being a Mom

I know I sound really bad in my last post. Its just how I was feeling then. I had a comment that said You are a good mother, Be strong. I know I don't need to be told but its good to be reminded that I am a good mother. I really am. I give them 110%. I love them to bits, a little too much maybe. Most moms do, I am sure.

Being a mother means your heart is no longer yours alone. You give some of it to them.
Yesterday night when I was holding her and putting her to bed. Her head resting on my shoulder, feeling her skin against mine, feeling her heart beat against mine, hearing her breathe through her little stuffed nose, seeing her feeling so much peace being in my arms, her eyes telling me there is no other place she'd rather be but in my arms and my eyes telling her the same. I breastfed her, her eyes closed and I put her down to bed with that little mouth curving up into a smile, (probably a wonderful dream ahead). I know she is okay and I know its all worth it.

Its all part of being a mother. The sweet moments, the bitter moments, the worries, the peaceful feeling, the pain, the sacrifice, the perseverance, the list goes on. And I wouldn't exchange it for anything in the world. Nothing comes close to it. Nothing at all.

3 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger geeth said...

I know how you feel dear. Mother knows best.. and she goes through it all, sometimes all alone!
Carry on your good work, dear :)

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again for this wonderful post. Yes u'll have some good days & not too good days & we shd be patient & take it all one day at a time.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger ryeli said...

Hi...I've been reading your blog for a while now. I'm Manju's friend. Anyway, I felt that I should let you know of what a wonderful job you're doing...My girl is about 1 and half weeks older than Inarah.

When I heard about the condition Inarah has, my heart really goes out to you. You are handling this very well, I dont think I'm able to be like you if I'm in your shoes. Also, the fact that you have exclusively BF Inarah all this while and being a working mom too! I did BF rye li for a year but it's not exclusive....she's been on 90% on BM till 7 months. And I blame myself as this is the best I could do being a working mom.

Hang in there when you're feeling down...You're not alone. I'm glad that you have all the support from your hubby, family and friends.

And keep up the good work of being a super-fantastic mom!

-syn- (rye li's mom)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home