Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Its getting closer and closer

Its getting closer to the day and I am getting more and more anxious. Well, its at least another 5 weeks away but I delivered Alysha at 37 weeks and if history repeats itself then its just 2 weeks away. I just hope this onw will wait till 40 weeks or so.

I have so many more things left undone. Bag to pack for hospital, furniture in room to reorganize, some more storing to do so that there is more space, have to get my breast pump serviced, have to buy a gift from baby for Alysha and Alysha for the baby, have to get my eyebrows treaded (dont want to look ugly when am getting visitors after baby arrives).

Maybe I am more anxious this time as I am hoping to have normal labor pains, i.e not to be induced as the last time. So if I get contractions without being induced, I really have no idea what it is going to be like.

As the date gets closer and closer, I am just so afraid of things going wrong. Fear of everything really. I know HE is there and I trust in HIM and I believe HE will see me through this but sometimes fear just takes over......Like this morning when I couldnt feel the baby moving as usual.

I think the last few weeks are worse when its your second pregnancy coz during your first you dont know what to expect and just take it a day at a time.

Will just try not to think about it and keep myself occupied as much as I can.

4 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything will turn out well.. Shamira..!! i will be thinking of you and your baby.. and praying for a safe delivery.. :)

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Shamira said...

Thanks Mrs T for your kind words.

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry dear. Take it slowly. Just keep yourself occupied. Keep a list of things that you have to do, and get it done accordingly. Get someone to help you.

Fear is always there. But, by now, you are an expert. Now that you know what to expect, you will be able to handle it well. Don't feel otherwise. Good luck dear.

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Shamira,
So excited for you!!!! I know what you mean about not knowing if you will recognize the contractions or not. I went through the same thing. In the end, second one also induced. So still don't know what it's like. Anyway, it's normal all these fears.
I remember when my contractions started, I wondered "How come I don't remember how painful it was?" Not to scare you, just to remind you to do the breathing. It helps. Plus don't scream, it tires you out. Ok, ok. Good luck. Eagerly awaiting your good news.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home