Friday, September 02, 2005

I can bake

I have been having so much fun for the past few days baking in my bread maker. Yes! I have a bread maker that hubby redeemed from Citibank points. I finally visited Swansan, an a amazing place selling bread making supplies located in some dingi area (Jln Haji Taib something). I would not dare go there after 6pm.

Anyway, back home while hubby was away I baked a delicious, healthy multi grain bread for hubby and not so healthy banana bread for alysha. The banana bread was out of this world. I did some research on the net (what would one do without the net) and discovered that sour cream is an essential ingredient in banana bread/cake. So added sour cream in the mixture although this particular receipe didn't call for it and wallah! amazing banana bread/cake.

Both father and daughter love breads and I always wanted to try baking bread. BUt just couldnt imagine the hassle I had to go through in a normal oven. But baking is just so easy with the breadmaker. I can now actually bake breads. Just dunp everything in and wait for 2-3 hours and the whole kitchen smells of yummy bread. Imagine fresh, healthy, warm breads from the oven (bread maker, in my case) for breakfast for your family. Yummm!

Going to try lots more receipes. I am so excited about it. Can call myself a proper mom and wife now with the help of the break maker. Serving fresh healthy bread to my loved ones. hehehe :)

4 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yer hubby and daughter very lucky..!! i'm gonna have to invest on one too.. soon.. :)
Happy baking..!

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger sri said...

I for one can vouch for the yumminess of that banana bread. MMMmmm, still remember it. gitanjali tortured me all of yesterday, asking for bread. told her not to worry. sham masi is baking...

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Bkworm said...

hmmm....yummy just reading about it! Where can I buy this bread maker? Is it expensive and is it easy to use? What brand and model is yours? Think my hubby and kid will like having home made bread very much.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Shamira said...

Mine is a Kenwood one. I really dunno what it would cost to buy one as I got mine from redeeming my Citibank points.

But its soooo easy to use that even my maid can operate it now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home