Monday, April 03, 2006

It's surely worth the effort


Had a fun filled weekend. Although I was having a mini argument with hubby I decided not to let it spoil my weekend. Went with Sri and Gitanjali to Trisha & Sasha for storytelling on Saturday. We went quite late so missed half of the first story and Alysha was a little too young for the second story. It didn't deter her from having fun though. She had her hand painted with beautiful butterflies and had a butterfly balloon.

After lunch it was nap time and then off to religious class. I decided that I didn't want to have too many outings with Alysha anymore over the weekends 'coz I feel really bad that I have to leave Inarah behind . So I decided to buy some art and craft stuff to do at home.

On Sunday, Sri couldnt make it to dance class so I decided not to take Alysha (also had no car). But we had soooooo much fun doing craft. And Inarah was such a good baby as she slept all though all this giving her sister the quality time she needed with me. Got some craft ideas from http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/ thanks to Jenn.

I realise it just does not matter how much they can or cannot contribute. Her contribution was her hand prints which became the butterfly's wings and the duck's feathers. She also did some pasting as she loved the feeling of sticy glue on her fingers. And of course the gliter, that was all her contribution. The final product is gorgeous and she was so proud of it. They are now proudly stuck to the doors in my house.

Bottom line : Then just bumming around at home and watching Barney it so much more fulfilling and fun to do stuff like craft with your kids. It does take some effort but seeing the smile on their face makes you realise that its all worth it.

Enjoy thhe pitcures

I just love the butterfly


My happy baby with her artwork


In her own word "mama I forgot to smile"


Sisters having cuddle time after craft

3 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger geeth said...

Wow! Sucj a nice butterfly she has made.. gives me the mood to get down and help Champion to make himself one ;)

Good job there, mummy ..

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Mumsgather said...

Wow! Lovely! Thanks for sharing the link.

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thxs for the link! I just made the Duckie with Abilash since it is rainning & we can't go cycling outside.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home