Monday, April 03, 2006

Sharing the love between the two

With Alysha, I spent every single of my free moment. Now with Inarah, my time is divided between the two. It can be very difficult to manage as I dont want Alysha to feel that she is being neglected in anyway because of a new baby. I keep reassuring her again and again that she will always be my very special baby. I must say its getting better and better. She loves her little sister. Loves cuddling her, kissing her, making her laugh and understands most of the time when mommy needs to be with Inarah to feed her or bath her. I hope it remains this way and gets better over time. Sometimes she is even possessive over Inarah, refusing to let papa, nani or kakak play with her. Seeja thinks maybe she does not like them playing with her and its her way of making sure thats she does not get the attention from them. Ummm, Could be!

But I feel sad for Inarah sometimes. I feel she does not get enough of me. As Alysha needs me still most of the time, I leave Inarah to be looked after by papa or the maid. It makes me very sad when I think about it. I feel that maybe she will not be as close to me as Alysha is and that makes me very sad and depressed sometime. But really I am doing the best I can. I hope she understands.

And thats the reason I feel very strongly about breastfeeding. More than anything else it build a very strong bond between the mother and child. Its even more important if the mom is working as I am. I breastfed Alysha till she was 2 and I hope I can do the same for Inarah.

I remember taking lost and lots of pictures of Alysha and did not want Inarah to be shortchanged. So took lots of pictures of her over the weekend. Here are some :



7 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger geeth said...

She is such a cutie!

Hey, I too felt like that, when my #2 was born. #1 had to spend more time with daddy. I was afraid that he will not be so close to me.. But, he has, now and then, given me simple assurance that he still needs me and loves me.. really sweet.. Don't worry, she will be close to you.. mummy is still mummy.

We just ahve to treat them all fairly ;) and they will grow to understand how we had to divide ourself equally for many things we had to do.. just like an OCTOPUS :)

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.. Sha,
I know it can be overwhelming at times. I mean look at me... only one already overwhelming.. !
And I know you are doing the very best.. and i'm very sure. . your gals will know so.
Do not be sad.. please.! keep that spirit up.. ok..!!
Peace be with you and your girls.. and all at your home.. :)
*hugs*

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Shamira said...

Thanks for the reassurig words Geeta and Mrs T.

Just wish I had both my babies with me all the time.
Its a fact of life that we just have to deal with. I am sure it will gradually get better.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Erin said...

She's beautiful, my goodness what perfect cheeks! I've always loved babies with fat little cheeks...

As a mother of 6, I know what you mean about spreading yourself between children. Trust me, she knows you love her, she's sure to feel it everytime you gaze into those beautiful eyes when you feed her!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Mumsgather said...

We always feel guilty about not being able to spend enough quality time with each of the kids separately but as long as we remain fair and love them equally, they'll know, they'll know. :)

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Shamira said...

So true MG and Erin,

Good to know that if you guys have done it successfully so can I

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's so cuteeeeeeeee!! Inarah looks more like her dad right?

Don't worry it is only a temp phase (the jeoulousy)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home