Monday, April 03, 2006

Would you let Fung Shui rule your life ?

My brother is a believer in Fung Shui and so is my mom. My mom started believing in it from the time she was diagnosed with cancer of the womb as the guy who my brother brought home said the position of the stove is not right and someone in this house will suffer from cancer of the womb or cervix. My mom has moved out from the house since. She had her cancer op 3 1/2 years ago and is well since, Alhamdullilah.

After Inarah was diagnosed with TOF, my brother insisted that I get that guy to check the house out after CNY. I refused and we compromised and agreed that the guy will come, he will not tell me anything but inform my brother his findings and brother will pay for it (only fair). He got the guy to check out my mom’s place as well.

So that took place sometime last month. Recently my mom has been quite unwell. She has gastric and palpitation of the heart which is caused by the gastric. She is being treated by a physician.

Anyway, my mom called yesterday and said they are moving house or rather actively looking for another place as she feels that her being sick has got to do with the bad fung shui of her current house (according to the fung shui guy) . She also managed to slip out in the conversation that my place too is really bad for me (thanks to my brother) and that I should also think of moving.

I have been living at my current apartment for the past 5 years and it’s the most convenient place for me at this point of time. We have purchased the property and cant imagine giving it out for rent to total strangers.

What am I saying here? What I am trying to say it how does it work? Fung Shui changes every year and so what; people are suppose to adjust their housing arrangements every year. How does Fung Shui determine how your life is going to turn out. I cant let it rule my life. I believe in God and fate and feel that some things are fated, others we can control through our action or inaction.

At the same time I can’t help thinking what if it’s true? What if that’s the reason for certain things turning out the way there are?

6 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger geeth said...

Ahh, feng shui.. Few months back, a trip to the feng shui shop, also made me buy a book. And guess what, after reading it, I have to re-layout the house.. this and that. But then again, there are also ways we can change welcome better feng shui by modifying the layout a bit..

Don't have to shift every year lah.. susah lah like that :)

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Shamira said...

I know dear. But what if the guy tells you "No hope, nothing you do is going to be able to change the way things are going to turn out. The house Fung Shui is really bad" then what?

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey..Sha,
A feng shui master who wants you to move everytime there is trouble.. is by no means to me.. a good one.
Fengshui is just alot of common sense.. :) I myself do not let it dictate my life.. :)
Good luck..! my dear..!

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey..Sha,
A feng shui master who wants you to move everytime there is trouble.. is by no means to me.. a good one.
Fengshui is just alot of common sense.. :) I myself do not let it dictate my life.. :)
Good luck..! my dear..!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger shri said...

sham, i think feng shui is one of those things that work if you believe in it... if you believe that the house will make you sick (as your mom does0, then it will make her sick. she will never feel good there b'cos consciously its something on her mind - the house is making her sick, its making her sick etc.. and you can't really blame her for it b'cos it was such a scary thing that happened to her to suddenly be diagnosed with cancer - it's always easier if we can blame something or someone... but i think you've got a great attitude to inarah's condition - optimism is good, and faith and trust in god is great, so don't let them doubtify you... also where will i borrow eggs from, if you move...

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Cherry said...

haven't been visiting you for some time. oh no ... poor Inarah. i'll pray for yr little baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home