Friday, July 07, 2006

Horrible car ride

As Inarah has been okay in the car twice, I decided to drive with them back home yesterday and hubby was still working and I didn't want to get home late. The first 5 minutes was okay then it was horrible. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Alysha and me tried everything, the rattle, music, talking to her but nothing worked. She just wailed and wailed. I stopped at least 5 times and took her out, nursed her, tried o put her to sleep so that I can put her back in the car seat and just drive home but she kept waking up and wailing everytime I put her in the car seat.

Finally, I gave up and drove with her in my arms whilst nursing her with my hazard lights on. Alysha was asleep by this time (she didn't have an afternoon nap) and kept knocking her head on the window (which I couldn't do anything about). I finally got home and I swear I will never do this again. It was just pure torture and I was so close to tears.

1 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger geeth said...

Aaah, I experience this too. My second son, when he is too sleepy, he doesn't want to sit in the car seat, doesn't want to be carried by the maid, and I have to carry him whiel I drive.. I can imagine yourself too!
I guess you'll need to get some help from hubby or just stay at your mum's place till he get back..
Hope things get better :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home